Rasa Ayurveda is One Year Old
Can you believe it?
It’s Rasa Ayurveda’s 1st birthday!
Here are our favorite local kids enjoying masala doshas at our inauguration celebration one year ago. They look good here… happy and fine. But you should see them now! In the last year, they’ve grown up a lot. They’re taller, more confident and dare we say it? Smarter, too!
Like Anjana, Kirtana and Bharti, Rasa Ayurveda Traditional Healing Centre has grown tremendously in the last 12 months.
The birth of Rasa Ayurveda was blessed by many who value our mission to:
- Provide a nurturing environment where women can heal thru all the senses and the mind,
- Teach a practical, effective Ayurveda,
- Preserve traditional knowledge, practices and medicinal plant species,
- Promote personal, healthy ecological relationship to our natural world,
- While treating all with respect and affection, in reverence for life’s expression.
We opened Rasa Ayurveda on January 14th, 2008 to receive our first patient, and since then,
GREAT THINGS HAVE BEEN ACCOMPLISHED:
Groups of Ayurvedic students received the experience of a lifetime: taking traditional Ayurvedic therapies and training in the theory, medicine-making and performance of traditional healing techniques; discovering the beauty of traditional spiritual, cultural and culinary practices, and connecting with local Malayalee women.
We’ve received patients from America, the Netherlands, and Japan this year for traditional treatment thru pancha karma and rejuvenation.
We developed our collection of live medicinal plants to include more than 120 varieties, including many rare species.
We installed a biogas plant so all our daily kitchen food scrap waste is transformed into cooking fuel and plant fertilizer.
We’ve been able to sustain the families of our 14 staff members by giving dependable salaries, nutrition and Ayurvedic care.
We’ve given free or low-cost treatment to local patients.
We’ve organized educational cross-cultural interaction meetings, allowing western and local women to meet and discuss the value of growing, caring for and using local plants as healing medicine.
We’ve made our own treatment oils and internal medicines in the traditional way by hand from freshly-harvested botanicals.
All year, we’ve seen incredibly rewarding clinical results, and all year, patients and students have been leaving Rasa Ayurveda reporting a deep and healing reconnection with themselves, with others and with Mother Nature. Women are leaving Rasa Ayurveda with more health, more happiness, a broader persective on life, a stronger sense of self, an easier joy of living and a readiness to contribute to the goodness of our world.
WE CALL THIS SUCCESS!
And so, we offer our heartfelt gratitude and appreciation:
- For understanding the value of Rasa Ayurveda often from nothing more than a peek at our website: Every one of Rasa Ayurveda’s beautiful patients and students who chose to spend their time here with us
- For abundant time, skill, creativity, love and dedication: Our staff and their families
- For the sweetness, support and traditional knowledge that makes Rasa Ayurveda uniquely wonderful: The local Malayalee people
- For sponsoring full scholarships for some very lucky Ayurveda students to experience treatment and learning at Rasa Ayurveda: A generous Anonymous Benefactor
- For letting their students know about Rasa Ayurveda: The Ayurvedic Institute, California College of Ayurveda, Bastyr University, Kanyakumari Ayurveda Retreat & Education Center, Kerala Ayurveda Academy, Mount Madonna Institute College of Ayurveda, Rocky Mountain Institute of Ayurveda
- For believing in the value and possibility of Rasa Ayurveda from the earliest days, and for lending their love and practical support: David Crow of Floracopeia, Dorry Bless & Howard Speirer, Bindu G. Nair, Gopan Kumar and family, Debra Walker, Jessica Misuraca, Gabe Goreham, Kaitlin Quistgaard, Mickey Kumpf, Amy Orrell
And to all who made contributions in their own ways, whether known or unknown…
From myself, my brother and partner Sanjeev Kumar (‘Sanju’),
and all the dedicated staff here at Rasa Ayurveda…
We Thank You!!
Thank you!! Thank you!!
~May you be blessed in all ways~
by Niika Quistgard, Director/Managing Director
Make a Blog Comment: There’s no sign-in requirement. Just click below and you’re in!
Easy to Subscribe: Just click on the orange “RSS Feed” button at the top of this page to add the Rasa Ayurveda Blog to your Google home page or Google Reader.