Sanju’s Passing ~ Your Prayers

It is with great sadness that we at Rasa Ayurveda share our truly tragic and shocking loss of Sanjeev Kumar S. – known to all as “Sanju.”

Sanju aniyan’s passing is an enormous loss we cannot begin to fully understand at this time. As my adopted Malayalee brother, co-founder of Rasa Ayurveda and our manager and co-director these years, his mind, heart and hands were in the birth and growth of Rasa Ayurveda from the very first day, literally up until his last breath at the moment of his untimely passing on January 29, 2013. (So sadly, Sanju succumbed to a massive heart attack, possibly due to a pulmonary embolism resultant from a leg injury.)

Sanju and I started Rasa Ayurveda with nothing but our close relation and a dream to offer a true healing sanctuary for women to receive treatment, learn and live in a world of traditional Ayurveda.

With my dear brother, Sanju, at Rasa Ayurveda

We were both 100% dedicated to making a special place that respects each person–our patients, each staff member and everyone in the community–and the beauty and bounty of Nature. Far from any kind of tourist set up, we created Rasa Ayurveda to be a place women can come to feel safe and extremely well cared for, yet have the opportunity to connect with real Malayalee life and Ayurveda as it is still lived today.

With our vision always in his heart, Sanju was a natural manager at Rasa Ayurveda and motivated people with the most positive energy you can imagine. Even in tough times – and we have faced these – Sanju demonstrated extraordinary faith, intelligence, love and hope. No matter the trouble anyone was having he would always say,
“For any problem, we have one thousand and one ideas!”
Sanju’s great capabilities and positive energy made everything possible at Rasa Ayurveda.

Young Sanju

As a boy, young Sanju was fanatic about India’s national sport – cricket ! His second love? Making traditional herbal medicines by hand under a great doctor and pharmacist, the father of a friend. Over the years he became a very skilled traditional medicine-maker. In time, he also mastered traditional Siddha Vaidya and Ayurveda therapies and brought healing to many, many patients from all over the world over the years.

Sanju prepares ingredients for a traditional Ayurvedic healing oil.

He knew so much about hands-on traditional medicine–and taught us all at Rasa Ayurveda: how to prepare the fresh therapy materials, how to perform the therapies, how to make medicines and oils, and how to work with patients for healing success. He was a great cook, as well, and enjoyed sharing the wonders of Kerala cuisine and Ayurvedic nutrition.

Sanju teaches a Healing Ayurvedic Cooking Class at Rasa Ayurveda

If you have come to Rasa Ayurveda in the last 5 years, I know–without a doubt– Sanju brought a smile to your face! He made you more relaxed, more grateful and more open to healing. He always offered plenty of his time to sit and talk with patients, hearing troubles, joys, hopes and dreams. He spread love, joy and compassion in all directions.

Celebrating a Patient’s Birthday at Rasa Ayurveda

Sanju often warned patients, “I am not a singer.” Nevertheless, his sweet, soulful voice often rang out with traditional or cinema songs as he made his way around the buildings and grounds of Rasa Ayurveda, his charming smile brightening every room. He would even offer a lullaby in the evenings before he left for home, to warm the hearts of the patients before saying “Good night.”

Sanju Opens a Lotus

We are all missing him so much. All eyes are brimming with tears as these days pass. Everywhere we look, we expect to see him. It’s impossible to believe he is gone. We hear his voice around every corner.  We miss him so greatly, but to honor him, we are all trying to be more like him as patients continue to arrive here at Rasa Ayurveda from all over the world.

Sanju brought us all together at Rasa Ayurveda

Sanju was a truly valuable and rare man, a living treasure while he was here with us and he taught us many lessons about healing, love and life. For all of us whose lives were touched by Sanju, I hope we can become more like he was.

We invite you to please join us in offering your prayers, wishes or good blessings toward Sanju as his soul travels on.

Sanju is survived by his beautiful wife, Bindu and his two darling daughters, Anjana (11) and Aiswarya (15).

Until now, Bindu has lived the life of a traditional housewife, always there to support Sanju in his work, the girls in their studies, providing nutritious meals and keeping a happy, peaceful home for the family. Bindu’s mother lives with the family, praying for everyone and preparing fresh herbal medicines to keep colds, flu, digestive problems and headaches away.

Sanju with his family at home

Little Anjana has been learning to play the violin. She enjoys spending time with the therapists at Rasa Ayurveda, and likes to help at Rasa Ayurveda when she has a day free from school.

Sanju’s eldest daughter–Aiswarya–is an excellent student, a top student in her class as she completes the 10th grade. She has also been noted for her skill in traditional dancing. Here in Kerala, there is a moment in the life of every student that determines the entirety of their future education and career possibilities. Aiswarya will be taking the most important exams of her education in just a few weeks. Your prayers for her concentration and confidence at this time will be appreciated.

If you care to make a donation toward Sanju’s family, any contribution will be greatly appreciated. Sanju was the sole support of his family. To suddenly loose a beloved spouse or become fatherless overnight anywhere is sad. But in traditional South India, this is extremely difficult for a broad scope of practical, financial and social reasons. If you care to contribute to school fees, housing or other basic needs for Sanju’s wife and girls, I invite you make a donation of any amount.

If you have a message for Sanju’s family, I know they’ll be pleased to hear from you. Leave your comment here on the blog. Bindu and the girls will see your message.

With a heavy but grateful heart,
Niika Quistgard
Founder/Director, Rasa Ayurveda Traditional Healing Centre for Women

Comments

1. Mary Rondeau says:

My thoughts and prayers are going to out to Sanju’s family and the entire Rasa family. Sanju was such a wonderful man- I was fortunate to learn medicine making from him at Rasa at one of my two stays. I wish the best for his lovely family as they move forward. Niika, I have a few pictures of Sanju that I will send to you as well.
    Sending love from Colorado!

2. Bart Staub says:

My prayers go out to the family of Rasa Ayurveda in this time of loss. Sanju was a great man, doctor and teacher. I feel very fortunate to have learned from him and received his healing touch. May Lord Dhanvarti comfort you with His infinite compassion in this time!
    With heartfelt sympathy,
    Bart Staub

3. Godspeed to beautiful Sanju. He clearly was an exemplary family man, brother, physician, educator, partner and human being. I have been inspired to be a better human being myself just reading about his life. I wish for the family and friends courage, strength, faith, and continued Grace. with much love, Claudia

4. Sally Beighton says:

My heart and thoughts go out to you at this difficult time.How you all must miss Sanju.
    Stay strong and beautiful in your way of life and your beautiful country and look for Sanju in all you do with a smile and happy memories.
    With many heartfelt good wishes.
    Sally

5. Nancy Cotter says:

Dear Rasa Ayurveda family,
    Although I have never been to Rasa Ayurveda, I have been following the development for many years, and I know I will travel to that special place one day. I pray for Sanju and all of you who have the pleasure of knowing this man, so beautifully described. I wish Sanju and all of you a peaceful time as Sanju makes his transition and your lives transition accordingly. You arein my prayers. Nancy

6. Hi… I have not had the pleasure of meeting this wonderful soul. But I am sure when I visit the healing centre, his presence will be felt.
    My deepest sympathies to his family, and close associates. You all were fortunate to be in his life and remember he lives on in the work that he has left behind.

God bless
    Jaigurudev
    Kasturi
    SA

7. Mary Becker says:

Dear Niika,
    I am so sorry about this. My heart is with you, and my prayers go out to Sanju and his family. I wish you well. Love, Mary

8. Dear Bindu, Aiswarya, Anjana, Niika and all at Rasa Ayurveda Family,
    Heartfelt condolences, may the Creator fill your life with light and may Mother Nature with her unconditional love, guide and support your family and work.

Wishing you all peace and prayers,
    Seema Rajwar

9. Amy Pizzarello says:

Sanju’s soaring spirit and kindness touched me very deeply during my stay at Rasa Ayurveda. His abundant love for his wife and daughters was evident in our daily conversations. I send my deepest prayers for his smooth transition, and for the strength, comfort and healing of his family and all who mourn his passing. It is with great pleasure that I send a contribution to his family. Feel free to contact me yearly for additional support. Om shanti, sarva mangalam, and with love, Amy

10. I have never (yet) been to Rasa Ayurveda but I feel your loss of this very special person, and my prayers and good wishes are with Sanju, his family, and all of you there. All is as the universe determines. Om shanti.

11. Many many prayers coming to you from my open heart! I am so sorry for your humongous loss of this very special man and healer. I have had my eye on your center for some time now, hoping to come there one day soon. Reading your tribute to your brother makes me want to come even more. I can feel your love for him…and for mankind (womankind).
    His shakti, Love and Knowledge is already in you. His devotion to your center will live on through your deep love for him…. And all will be well.
    So many prayers coming to you all.
    Thy will be done.

Love,
    Sarita

12. Namaste’ Niika,
    I am so very sorry for you loss. I did not know Sanju but I know you, and I know how much you loved Sanju and that he was your heart-brother. There are no words that can ease your grief, nor should your grief be eased. Within the quiet moments, know that he is there with you. And, know that right now the love of the community is there with you too.

Be Well, Be Kind, Be Love,
    Om Shanti,

Dr. Marc Halpern (Dr. Shiva)
    Director: California College of Ayurveda
    Author:Healing Your Life: Lessons on the Path of Ayurveda
    Co-founder: National Ayurvedic Medical Association
    Co-Founder: California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine
    Advisor: Light on Ayurveda Journal (USA)
    Advisor: Journal for Research and Education in Indian Medicine (India)

13. He lives on…
    I pray for you all and think of you often …
    I just received the email about Sanju. He chats with me even from on gmail and was always a comforting energy, like a concerned father or older brother. His genuine love always shines through.
    I will never ever forget how he came into the dining hall at the main Rasa ‘healing bungalow’ one morning and answered someone’s comment of “Oh, you got a haircut!” with a matter-of-factly “Yes, It’s Wednesday!” – Going on to give us a wonderfully insightful, but to the point lesson on the ancient tradition and Hindu religion/charitable work that relates with Wednesday and giving away hair, so it grows back better! (I still think about it everytime I contemplate a haircut or advise others on the best time for one!)
    Just One of the infinite things I will cherish from my time there…

14. So sorry for your loss. Sorry not to have had the opportunity to meet this wonderful man, yet so grateful for his life. Our love and prayers are with you.

15. Mary Fleischman says:

Oh Niika, I am stunned and saddened at this great loss. My heart reaches out to you, his family and the staff of Rasa Ayurveda. Sanju was one of those people who simply shone from within and brightened every moment. His tireless dedication to his family and to the healing center was so inspiring. My eyes fill with tears at the memories I have of working alongside him making precious oils, lighting oil lamps all over the house and grounds to celebrate Diwali, the special foods he prepared for me, and of his kind and patient responses to my questions and various requests. I am offering my prayers for his new journey. Sending you and all those around you love.

16. Christina Reinhart says:

Blessings and Light to you Niika and Rasa Ayurveda family….
    As I sip my Tulsi tea this morning, I pray and reflect on Sanju and the great inspiration he was and always will be. A lover of plants and their medicines, one who carried on the deep traditions of a lineage from southern India. I am so grateful for the knowledge he imparted upon me during my stay at Rasa Ayurveda. I will forever treasure the beautiful ways of medicine making he shared with our group. Prayers from my open heart to you, Sanju’s wife and family, and all those he touched. May grace and peace cradle you during this time of grieving and transition.
    Green Blessings,
    Christina A. Reinhart
    Herbologist

17. Jan McIntire says:

I am so sorry to hear of this devastating loss and am praying for Sanju’s beautiful soul as he makes his journey forward. I had the pleasure of visiting Rasa Ayurveda twice and so enjoyed Sanju’s calm and peaceful energy. He was the heart and soul of that wonderful healing center especially when Niika was not able to be around. I pray for his family and the many people who are directly affected by his sad loss. I am sure that wherever Sanju is now, he is bringing his sweet smile and beautiful spirit to help whoever is in his path. God Bless you Sanju. Thank you for all you have given to us.

18. I am so saddened by the sudden loss of Sanju. I am sending my love and prayers to you Niika, Bindu, Anjana, Aiswarya, and the rest of the family and loved ones at Rasa! Although I just met Sanju from my recent trip to Kerala and Rasa Ayurveda….I felt much deep regard for this loving and wonderful man. He was truly magical and his image will live on forever in the hearts and minds of all who encountered him. I had the good fortune to make medicine with him, to hear his tender voice in song, to hear stories of his beautiful family and to even see his wedding album with which he had great joy in sharing! You will be missed Sanju! My life feels richer having know you! Much Love and Luck to you all during this time of great loss!

19. My dearest Niika and family at Rasa Ayurveda,

Our hearts go out to all of you, to whom Sanju was more than just a friend, relative or teacher. A wonderful life that lives on through everyone that breathed the same air, shared the same knowledge and spent precious moments with him at your beautiful healing space. This was his journey that he might touch so many in such a short time.

We, here at Houston Yoga & Ayurvedic Wellness Center in Texas were stunned and saddened by this great loss. We send our love, blessings and would like to offer a donation for the family. When we started planning our group visit to Rasa Ayurveda; Niika and Sanju, among others were two of the gentle beings that drew our students to envision this trip as a possibility. We are looking forward to making this a reality.

We light a lamp in honor of his life well lived.

Jai Ram, God Bless

Namaste,

Sharon

20. So very sorry to hear about your wonderful, sweet, dedicated Sanju–having lost my brother not long ago, I can begin to imagine your grief. So many people seem to have loved him. Best wishes to his beautiful family — those girls will grow and thrive with their foundation of love and their dad’s great example–and your! thinking of you–love Aunt K and Michael

21. Devon Athey says:

Sanju was an absolute blessing to this world and to Rasa. He deeply effected my experience there by making me feel loved and accepted in whatever state I was in. His loving energy was vast and all encompassing. My sincerest support to his family and the thousands of others who he touched as we, together, mourn the loss of a pure radiant spirit in this human form.

22. Hunter Quistgard says:

We have great sadness for all that have had connection with Sanju, tho we only met him over the picturePhone, we know how instrumental he was in the formation and operation of the healing business you all are a part of . We, here in S. California, are uplifted by the positive contribution Sanju has made to you all and especially to us as Niika’s proud parents.

23. Sanju was a wonderful person. My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this difficult time. May they find peace in knowing that he is with them always and will always watch over them. I am so sorry to hear of his loss but, I’m certain that he’d encourage his children and family to move forward and do well in his memory. I remember when we stayed at Rasa Ayurveda.. He helped us with our shopping plans in between therapy sessions and he brought us a special dessert on the evening of his anniversary. He was thoughtful and kind and always caring about the guests at Rasa Ayurveda. My heart goes out to his family. Be strong and take comfort in knowing that Sanju will always be there for you.

24. Helene et Martine Jasinski says:

We are both so sad about your loss. We think of you a lot and send our prayers to all of you. We both have very fond memories of Sanju, of his care and patience in dealing with patients coming from all corners of the planet. We feel very priviledged to have met him. He had such a beautiful and solid presence. We send you much love and support.
    Helene and Martine

25. Sharon Powell says:

Dear Rasa Auyrveda Family:
    May you all find strength and happiness in remembering your time with the Blessed being of Sanju. Unfortunately, I never met him. As so often happens, I thought there would be time… He lives on in all that you will continue to do.
    My prayers are with you all,
    Sharon

26. Aimee Koval (Jurista) says:

“Gentle” is the word I would use to describe Sanju. And encompassed within that gentleness: loving-kindness, patience, and compassion. A true gentleman, who spoke ever-lovingly of his family, especially his wife. Safe passage to Sanju, and my deepest condolences to those who feel his absence most keenly.

27. Erika Ebbeson says:

I am so sorry and saddened for our loss. Although I have never met any of you, your frequency of Love and Welcome radiate out from you like the lotus flower you are. I had such a fondness for him from the moment I saw that sparkle of wellness in his eyes. I will continue to support you all in Light as you move through this time of remembrance and farewell. Until I have the privilege of visiting, my very best to you all.
    Erika

28. I was so blessed to have spent time with Sanju during my stay at Rasa. I am very sorry to hear of his sudden passing, as he was a wonderful, generous and beautiful spirit. My heart and thoughts are with all of you and his family, as you grieve this great loss.
    Peace be with him.

29. Dear Niika,
    Since I met you a few years ago it has been my intention to come to Rasa to study with you and Sanju. Although I never met him in person there is a strong connection and a deep sense of loss. I grief with you and his family…We are all truly cut from the same cloth and his journey back to the unbound field is a loss for us all. You are an amazing strong being who is right up next to a sublime unveiling, and may the profound teachings of death bring us closer to that realization. Many will benefit and heal from the gifts that Sanju has left behind at Rasa and within you.
    Sincere Blessings~Shoshanna

30. Dear Niika
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Sanju. I was not blessed to get there in time to meet him and be graced by his wisdom, but hope his family and all the employees commit deeply to carry on his great mission.
    You are all in my heart and prayers
    Vijaya

31. Nyla McCarthy says:

During my stay, Sanju took special care to help explain many of the interesting things my body was going through during my two months of healing. He was always kind, supportive, and a source of light for me. He heard me singing when I thought I was alone and joined in–even though he didn’t know the song. 🙂 We harmonized and laughed and he encouraged me to sing every day after that. I know his loss is irreparable to his family and to his Rasa family, too. I send my deepest wishes for peace for all of you as the getting used to him not being physically there period commences. I imagine he is blending with All That Is, content in the knowing that the incredible contribution he made to our world through his work and energies lives on. Om Shanti.

32. Susanne Gallo says:

Dear Niika,
    I am very sorry to hear about the sudden & extremely sad loss of your dear friend & adopted brother, Sanju who was a healer, business partner, and manager to Rasa Ayurveda. I also want to share my condolenses and offer healing prayers to Sanju’s lovely and spirited daughters, Anjana and Aiswarya and to his devoted and beautiful wife, Bindu. Niika, I was looking forward to meeting Sanju when I come to Rasa Ayurveda in Feb. 2014….I recall you spoke very fondly about Sanju in your Floracoepia presentation re. Rasa Ayurveda. Niika, I’m sure Sanju’s spirit, voice, energy, wisdom and your loving memories of your brother will be with you forever. Niika, I’m sure Sanju also greatly benefitted from your devotion to the Malayalee culture, your dreams and aspirations, your knowledge, your graciousness, and the opportunity for you both to work together as healers and friends at Rasa Ayurveda. It’s wonderful to hear that you, Anjana, enjoy playing the violin and it’s admirable that you enjoy working with Rasa Ayurveda therapists when you’re off from school. I want to wish you, Aiswarya, dancer and honor student, the very best with your exams. Niika, wishing you and Sanju’s family peace, strength, and healing energy as you mourn your loss.
    Namaste, Susanne Gallo, Oakland, CA.

33. Eileen Grizer Feinman says:

Dear Niika and Sanju’s blessed family,
    It is with shared sadness that I send my heartfelt wishes to you. I join with so many others who remember Sanju as an extraordinary man. When I was at Rasa I experienced his kindness, wisdom, sweetness and strength. I believe that Rasa will always hold and manifest the essence of your spirits. Thank you Sanju for living with such Grace. I will always remember you and seek to move thru the world with your caring and humanity.
    Namaste to all the loving people at Rasa.
    Eileen

34. Mehrad Nazari says:

Dear Niika, Sanju’s family and Rasa family,
    Wishing you all strength and offering you all healing prayer in this difficult times. I was fortunate to meet Sanju and be the precipitant of his magical gift of healing. He truly was an embodiment of a balanced yogi, strength and gentleness. His Sattvic presence always radiant and touching everyone around him. His heartfelt smile will be always remembered…

35. Dear Niika and the Rasa Ayurveda family,

We are so sorry to hear about Sanju’s sudden passing. Yogi and I remember his generous, giving spirit, and gentle ways. We will pray for all of you during this difficult time.

With love,
    Lori and Yogi

36. Sorry for your loss, Sanju made my expierence in India memorable . I can still remember crying to him about beans and avocado. 😉 he was a wonderful man who truly was an angel on earth. He will be missed

37. Dear Niika, Although I only recently e-mailed you for details of Rasa Ayurveda I am saddened to hear of your loss & the loss to Sanju’s dear family. From what I’ve read on here it sounds like he was a gentle, inspirational, caring & very spiritual soul. My prayers go out for his spiritual journey & for you & his beloved family at this very sad time. In the photographs you can tell from his eyes that he was a gentle, caring man. I always say that your eyes are the window to your soul. Be strong. Much love, light & blessings to his family & to you all. Kate

38. Corinne Myorei Zeraffa says:

Dear Bindu, Aiswarya, Anjana, Niika and all the Rasa Ayurveda Family,
    I am very sorry and sadened to learn of Sanju passing away.
    His kindness and strength I will always remember. May his soul rests peacefully in the knowing of all the positive energy he manifested during his life.
    My prayers go to you all during this difficult period of grief and shock.
    Corinne Myorei Zeraffa

39. Dear Niika, the Rasa Ayurveda Family and Sanju’s dear family.
    I am deeply sorry to hear the news of Sanju’s untimely death. I know that I speak on behalf of all those whose lives Sanju touched when I say he will be sorely missed. His deep sense of commitment to ayurveda, his love, his compassion and aura of peace will forever leave a mark in the hearts of all who knew him. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Aneesha Holaday

40. Char Sindhu says:

Dear Niika, Sanju’s family and the Rasa Ayurveda family,

The news of Sanju’s sudden passing has rendered me at a loss for words. I am so deeply sorry for your & his family’s loss. I can only imagine how tough it must be for you all right now. My prayers are with Sanju as his soul travels on, and also with all of you, so you may find strength in this tough times.
    Sanju is such an amazing person and in my one month stay at Rasa Ayueveda, he was a constant support, friend, guide, help, story-teller, He is one of kindest, loving, gentle person I have met. I feel so blessed to have had met him and spent some time with him, as he passed on his wisdom and guidance. It’s been a few years since I met him, yet I remember him vividly and fondly. In this very moment, I miss him. He is a very special soul!
    My prayers and thoughts are with you in this tough times.
    Love,
    Charanjit

41. Fran Kavanagh says:

I well remember Sanju’s laughing eyes and caring manner from my time at Rasa Ayuerveda. With a little shake of his head and a little jig of a dance and a great big smile, nothing would be too much trouble for him. What wonderful depth of soul he had. My heart is deeply saddened, not only for myself, but for Bindu and the girls, Niika and all at Rasa, who were truly loved by Sanju. I am embracing you all in my heart.
    Love Fran

42. Dear Niika, I understand how huge your grief is at this point of time. Be encouraged. It feels like a personal loss, though I’ve only read about Sanju and all that happens at Rasa Ayurveda. God has a time and purpose for everything. Let’s continue to believe He will keep us safe and lead us on. Be assured of my prayers for you and Sanju’s family.
    Love,
    shuba

43. Suzanne Nieman says:

Dearest Niika, Bindu, Aiswarya, Anjana and the entire Rasa Ayurveda family. My heart and eyes are brimming over with tears along with you! I am shocked and saddened for your great loss and the loss to the community in Kerala. I had the pleasure of meeting you only on Skype a few years ago, and so looked forward to meeting Sanju in person when I finally bring my daughters Cybele and Zoe to visit their cousin Niika and her adopted Indian family. When we come, hopefully within 2 years, we know we will see and feel Sanju’s gracious spirit everywhere. Bindu, I know his love lives on in you and carries you everywhere in this time of grief. Aiswarya and Anjana, your father gave you everything a father could possibly give, especially the love and guidance that has made you great achievers and kind, compassionate young women. Niika, you have had a great blessing in your life from this spiritual brother. May the joy, creativity and strength he shared continue to be your best friends. NAMASTE, much LOVE,
    Suzanne

44. Dear Niika,
    Your brother is in a good place and he was very welcomed where he is. He is surrounded with love, peace and light. ” When one sees eternity in things that pass away, then one has pure knowledge. ”
    Dear Bindu,
    I felt so privileged to meet you, Sanju presented me to his wife who he loves deeply, that’s your precious elixir for life. Be corageous! ” Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end. ”
    Dear Aiswarya and Anjana,
    Your father will always look after you bringing a light to show you good options in life. ” If you look at zero you see nothing; but look through it and you will see the world. ”
    My dearest Rasa family,
    ” What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. ”
    Dear Sanju,
    ” May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    The rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand. ”
    My prayers and blessings to each one of you.
    In all love, light, gratitude and grace
    Ana

45. Kate Wilde & Colin Kellett says:

To All at Rasa,
    We are so shocked to hear the news about Sanju – what a joy he was. We had the most amazing four weeks at Rasa; how lucky we are to have had the pleasure of meeting him and receiving treatments and his good humour. Please pass on our deepest sympathy to Sanju’s family.
    Our thoughts are with you Niika, we wish you peace and love.
    Kate & Colin
    (England)

46. Liz Temple says:

Lots of love to all of the Rasa Ayurveda family and to Sanju’s family at this very difficult time. It is with great sadness that I respond to this news. Sanju looked after myself and my daughter wonderfully during our recent visit and his gentle, happy ways will always be remembered. We will be thinking of both of his families in the coming months and will always remember Sanju with the greatest affection.

47. So sorry to hear of this loss..

He is surely soaring now.

48. Tanya Adams says:

Dearest Bindu, Anjana and Aiswarya… I never met you but can feel the loss in your hearts – few months ago my own mum and brother left this life… the pain hasn’t reduced and I don’t know whether such pain ever heals… In my thoughts I am giving you a warm and loving endless hug to comfort you in our tears… In my prayers I am asking for all the Goodness and Light to shine on you…

My dearest Niika… I don’t know the right words… just want to hold you in my heart and cherish loving memories of blessed Sanju…

With all my LOVE,

Tanya

49. Dear Niika and Rasa Family,
    I hold dear my time with Sanju at Rasa. The lessons, the conversations and meeting Bindu, his lovely wife. Sanju helped me in so many ways with simple, easy suggestions. He will always hold a space in my heart and memories.
    Peace and Love, Cheryl

50. Kelly Bell says:

Dear Niika
    I am shocked and deeply saddened to hear this news. My condolences and profound sympathy for you, his colleagues and his dear family. Sanju had a wonderfully soothing, caring and knowledgeable presence. He will be sorely missed.

Love

Kelly.

51. Debra Walker says:

Dear Niika,
    You and Sanju’s family have been in my prayers since I heard the news from Greg. The love, dedication and soul that has gone into all you both have done in Kerala is felt all the way here back in the states. My heart aches for you and Sanju’s family. If there is anything I can ever do, please let me know.
    Deb

52. Ekaterina Lobova says:

Dear Rasa Family,
    My prayers go to Sanju’s Family and Friends.
    He touched many souls as well as mine, I will be forever grateful.
    Love,
    Ekaterina

53. Ellen Shifrin says:

Dear Everyone at Rasa Ayurveda,

I was very saddened to hear about Sanju’s sudden death, and I extend my deepest sympathies to everyone. During my brief time at Rasa Ayurveda I got to know Sanju a little:, he was always so gracious and giving in a deep and immediate way. It was so easy to slip into a conversation with him, he was always ready to explain, share a joke, and just be. Sanju’s spirit permeated all of Rasa Ayurveda, and likely it still is.

I would like to give a donation to help out with anything needed. Please let me know how I can do this. The work begun with Sanju is so valuable we must not allow it to slip away; we must honour his life and help bring to fruition what he helped to start.

With warm regards and deep respect,

Ellen

54. Dear Bindu, Anjana and Aiswarya,
    I am basically from Kerala(Ernakulam) settled in Coimbatore. I am a Professor of Social Work .I just chanced on your website as I was searching for remedies to treat my depression.
    I am deeply saddened by the death of your loved one. I offer my deep sympathies and prayers . Nothing can replace your beloved sanju but u can carry the good memories so he will be with you always. Praying god to give you strength.

55. So sorry about the loss of Sanju
    So sorry not to be able anymore to meet this beautiful soul
    All my love
    All my light
    All my compassion
    to his family and to Niika
    Nathalie

Trackbacks

1. Life Sprouts says:

[…] of Rasa Ayurveda, Sanjeev Kumar S. ‘Sanju’ passed away extremely suddenly. (Read about Sanju here.) I have been so engaged in caring for his widow and daughters during this big transition […]